Date: Friday, 18 Apr 2014 05:00
A resident of MICHIGAN'S UPPER PENINSULA.
Date: Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 05:00
1. To intimidate by a show of authority, to overawe. 2. To confuse, perplex, bewilder. 3. To outwit, hoodwink, fool, gull, deceive.
Date: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014 05:00
Verbal fanfare, a vain boasting, boisterously blustering.
Date: Tuesday, 15 Apr 2014 05:00
Passover, a Jewish holiday beginning on the 14th of Nisan and continuing for eight days. It runs from sundown April 14 (yesterday) to sundown April 22 in 2014 by the Gregorian Calendar. It commemorates the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt.
Date: Monday, 14 Apr 2014 05:00
1. A misgiving, a doubt or reservation. 2. A scruple of conscience about whether one's actions are right. 3. A sudden feeling of nausea or faintness.
Date: Sunday, 13 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Rendered goose or chicken fat, though it originally meant the fat from any animal. 2. Maudlin sentimentality.
Date: Saturday, 12 Apr 2014 05:00
(Playful slang) The yellow daffodil, a bulb flower that looks like a trumpet with a bonnet, that grows wild all over Europe and North America, at least.
Date: Friday, 11 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Relating to the imaginary land of giants, Brobdingnag, described in Jonathan Swift's satirical novel 'Gulliver's Travels' (1726) or the people living there. 2. Humongous, enormous, gigantic; the antonym of 'Lilliputian'.
Date: Thursday, 10 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Tangible, touchable, that can be literally felt or handled, perceptible through the sense of touch. 2. Emotionally perceptible, sensed, that can be figuratively felt. 3. Obvious, manifest, clear.
Date: Wednesday, 09 Apr 2014 05:00
Harmonious, elegant, neatly arranged, without loose ends.
Date: Tuesday, 08 Apr 2014 05:00
Laconic, terse, concise, to the point without superfluous verbiage
Date: Monday, 07 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Sprightly, lively, cheerful, upbeat, self-confident, chipper. 2. Dapper in appearance, natty, spiffy, strikingly stylish.
Date: Sunday, 06 Apr 2014 05:00
1. To move sideways, toward the side, or up to the side of something. 2. To move in a coy, unobtrusive manner, usually while looking in another direction.
Date: Saturday, 05 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Making up for, making ATONEMENT, expiatory, expiating some wrong-doing. 2. Wicked, bad, requiring atonement or expiation.
Date: Friday, 04 Apr 2014 05:00
A dirty, slovenly, unkempt person; a slob.
Date: Thursday, 03 Apr 2014 05:00
A messenger or other indication of something to come.
Date: Wednesday, 02 Apr 2014 05:00
A dark solid or semisolid mixture of crushed stone or sand bound with a petroleum byproduct, used to pave, roof, or waterproof.
Date: Tuesday, 01 Apr 2014 05:00
1. Bending one or both knees as a sign of respect, as when leaving a church. 2. Kow-towing, behaving in a servile manner, groveling.
Date: Monday, 31 Mar 2014 05:00
'Myself' is from a family of words called 'reflexive pronouns', formed by combining the possessive pronouns like 'my', 'your', 'her' with the reflexive word 'self'. Oddly, the 3rd person masculine 'himself' and plural 'themselves' do not use the possessive 'his' or 'their', which explains why some dialects correct this inconsistency by (mis)using 'hisself' and 'theirselves'.
Date: Sunday, 30 Mar 2014 05:00
To atone, to appease guilt for a wrong-doing, to make amends for.
» You can also retrieve older items : Read
» © All content and copyrights belong to their respective authors.«
» © FeedShow - Online RSS Feeds Reader