Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2013 05:00
1. RUMSPRINGA is a right of passage available to Amish youth around the age of 16 when they are allowed to see the world outside the closed Amish community. It ends when the youths return to the community to be baptized into the Amish church or decide to remain outside it. 2. Any break away from a rigid regime of any sort, as to take a rumspringa from a steady diet of pizza.
Date: Monday, 20 May 2013 05:00
1. Knowledge of a person or thing, as an acquaintance with a banker or with banking procedures. 2. A person known but not intimately, as an old acquaintance from college.
Date: Sunday, 19 May 2013 05:00
1. [Adjective] Talking about things beyond the scope of one's knowledge. 2. [Noun] Someone who talks about things of which they know little or nothing.
Date: Saturday, 18 May 2013 05:00
A lament, dirge, or requiem for the dead, possibly a sermon, poem, song, or similar creative work.
Date: Friday, 17 May 2013 05:00
1. Loss of control of the emotions resulting in frenzied crying, laughter, screaming, or flailing about. 2. Panic, uncontrollable fear. 3. An obsolete term for a mental disorder characterized by high anxiety, and sensory and motor disturbances such as memory loss, blindness, or deafness.
Date: Thursday, 16 May 2013 05:00
1. Rudely short, abrupt in speaking to someone as though unwilling to answer. 2. Using few words, short, terse, to the point. 3. An abbreviation for 'current': 'curt.'
Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2013 05:00
1. To undergo pain, injury, or anything unpleasant, as to suffer from a cold. 2. To endure, put up with, stand, as to suffer his in-laws with only the occasional grimace. 3. To permit, allow, as to suffer no hopes for promotion among her underlings.
Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2013 05:00
1. To twist suddenly and forcibly, as to wrench a bolt. 2. To cause a sudden rush of anxiety or distress, as a wrenching experience. 3. To sprain or pull a muscle, as to wrench a knee or ankle.
Date: Monday, 13 May 2013 05:00
1. A lottery in which people purchase numbered tickets that go into a container. If your ticket number is selected in a random drawing from that container, you win a prize. 2. A kind of dice game or the roll of three or two of a kind in a game of dice. 3. Debris, rubbish, trash.
Date: Sunday, 12 May 2013 05:00
The female parent, a woman who bears and/or primarily raises a child.
Date: Saturday, 11 May 2013 05:00
1. Complete, absolute, thoroughgoing, as an arrant knave. 2. (Obsolete) Wandering, vagrant, vagabond, as a knight arrant (better 'errant' today).
Date: Friday, 10 May 2013 05:00
An insignificant, annoying person.
Date: Thursday, 09 May 2013 05:00
1. The prickly bushes of the genus Rubus (rose family). 2. The edible fruit (berries) of many species of this genus. 3. A gesture of derision made by placing the tongue between the lips and blowing, so that the lips and tongue vibrate.
Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2013 05:00
Sadness or pessimism over the suffering in the world.
Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2013 05:00
1. Ancient Greek battle of the titans against the god of the heavens, Zeus. 2. A war of giants, a battle between titans of any ilk.
Date: Monday, 06 May 2013 05:00
1. To move about sneakily, trying not to be seen. 2. To lurk out of sight in a cowardly, resentful, and rather sinister way.
Date: Sunday, 05 May 2013 05:00
Date: Saturday, 04 May 2013 05:00
Extraordinarily demanding and exhausting, 'punishing'.
Date: Friday, 03 May 2013 05:00
About to be born or being born, beginning to form, emerging, at a very early developmental stage.
Date: Thursday, 02 May 2013 05:00
Awkward, clumsy, tactless, lacking in grace.
» You can also retrieve older items : Read
» © All content and copyrights belong to their respective authors.«
» © FeedShow - Online RSS Feeds Reader