Date: Friday, 07 Mar 2014 06:00
No, this word does not refer to anything having to do with chatting; it refers to any movable possession.
Date: Thursday, 06 Mar 2014 06:00
1. To walk slowly while sliding the feet along the floor. 2. To mix up cards to randomize their order, to jumble, as to shuffle cards. 3. To rearrange randomly or in order, as to shuffle papers nervously or shuffle the office staff. 4. Move uncertainly or slowly, as to shuffle off to Buffalo or just shuffle off "to die".
Date: Wednesday, 05 Mar 2014 06:00
1. A twig with buds cut from a plant for grafting onto another plant, a graft. 2. A descendant or heir in a rich family with a substantial family tree.
Date: Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014 06:00
1. Take exception to, challenge, dispute, disagree with. 2. Declare false, oppose, hinder, contradict, speak or act against.
Date: Monday, 03 Mar 2014 06:00
1. Someone who destroys religious images (icons). 2. Someone who changes an artistic, scientific, or other paradigm, or overthrows traditional ideas and replaces them with new ones.
Date: Sunday, 02 Mar 2014 06:00
A speck of dust, minute particle, iota, crumb, grain, mite, smidgen.
Date: Saturday, 01 Mar 2014 06:00
1. Offensive, foul, repulsive, in bad taste. 2. Plump, tubby, overly ZAFTIG, as a fulsome figure. 3. Lavish, copious, plentiful, particularly abundant, as to serve a fulsome meal.
Date: Friday, 28 Feb 2014 06:00
1. Devastation, destruction, ruin. 2. Total confusion, chaos.
Date: Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 06:00
1. To wear away at the edges, fray, ravel at the edges. 2. To exhaust physically or emotionally.
Date: Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 06:00
To chide, censure, mildly rebuke, reproach, or admonish.
Date: Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014 06:00
1. A connoisseur of humorous names. 2. A person who makes up funny names. (Yes, English actually has such a word! GOOGLE IT.)
Date: Monday, 24 Feb 2014 06:00
1. (UK) Slightly hungry. 2. Irritable, cranky, crotchety, out of sorts.
Date: Sunday, 23 Feb 2014 06:00
A straight cut of hair across the forehead.
Date: Saturday, 22 Feb 2014 06:00
1. (Interjection) An emphatic exclamation as in, "We'll get the job done, by jingo!" 2. (Noun) A chauvinistic patriot, a militant and unfaltering booster of government policy, especially in support of wars.
Date: Friday, 21 Feb 2014 06:00
1. To walk with an unsteady gait, as if from old age or other frailty, to shuffle, teeter, totter, hobble. 2. To move forward feebly and unsteadily; to muddle, stumble.
Date: Thursday, 20 Feb 2014 06:00
To shed an outer skin or other covering, as do certain insects, crustaceans, and reptiles when they molt (slough off their shells or skins as they grow).
Date: Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 06:00
1. To foresee, to forecast, to predict, to know in advance. 2. To forewarn, to notify in advance.
Date: Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 06:00
(Rare) Clear, lucid, easily understood.
Date: Monday, 17 Feb 2014 06:00
1. To make a demand, usually as part of an agreement or contract. 2. To accept or concede a point as part of the negotiation of a contract or a court case.
Date: Sunday, 16 Feb 2014 06:00
1. To connect to, to connect with, to open into, as a blood vessel might inosculate with another. 2. To interpenetrate, to join so as to be a part of, to grow or be tightly intertwined, as some areas of philosophy inosculate with mathematics.
» You can also retrieve older items : Read
» © All content and copyrights belong to their respective authors.«
» © FeedShow - Online RSS Feeds Reader