And that is where you are correct. I saw the move today in GTN and could clearly see it was extended on an arithmetic and log scale. Watch it move up another 12% tomorrow.
Man GTN is like a textbook cup w/ handle……too bad its a little extended.
ZHNE has unreal operating leverage, increases sales next year with some new products is expected to have 97% of it drop to the bottom line – they don’t need much sales growth to get massive EPS growth.
9/18-10/3 now appears to have been churning action on the Nasdaq. As of now it is still too early to tell what is going on. Right now a close above the most recent highs or a close below the most recent lows will set the next direction of my market model. Right now, we remain NEUTRAL based on the inconclusive action the past four days.
hi bbrophy – it could be, the market has to move higher shortly
Could this be the start of some “churning” action in the market? That is how I thinking about the low volume yesterday…..
Keep it simple Ulrich. If you bought 100 shares and I say sell 25% that would leave you with 75 shares. If I then say sell 50% that means that you will then have 37/38 shares. If I then say to sell another 50% then you will have 16 shares left. If I then say sell 100% then you will have 0 shares left.
In the gold forums I always state the reason for the sell you can find the reason for every single sell here: http://bigwavetrading.com/forum/this-is-where-i-will-post-my-full-sells-partial-sells-stocks-i-am-watching/stocks-i-am-selling-covering-watching-or-studying/
Thank you for your great question Ulrich. Have a great day. Aloha.
I am quite new and trying to follow you closely to understand your process. I got confused on the position sizing for EVR. These were your postings on EVR:
July 15: Buy 100% Position
Aug 16: Sell 25%
Aug 28 Sell 50%
Oct 2 Sell 25% (you commented that one might not sell here yet)
OCt 7: Sell 25%
Was the last “Sell” the final recommended stop if one still had the remaining 25%?
Sorry if this is tedious, but I understand that position sizing is crucial to control the risk. Could you explain quickly what your decision criteria are for selling 25%, 33%, 50%, 75%, 100%?
I understand the first 100% sell signal is given in your above comment.
Thanks for your help!
You never hold a stock that closes below the LOD of the signal date. Especially, if you are new to trend following/investing/trading.
ATOS was a full sell on 9/12/13. It failed immediately following the signal on 9/10/13.
What about ATOS? You keeping that one?
I was only able to add 2!! shares this AM due to my extremely low levels of cash. I am fully invested. However, based on the current chart, it is still trending higher and there is no reason for me to reduce. Remember, if you don’t feel comfortable you can always reduce your position.
JH, are you holding your XOOM add or reducing?
Oh wow man. Following my AEGR sell in the AM I will go ahead and place the capital from the sell into a buy stop on TSLA. Thank you very much for bringing this stock back to my attention. I have forgotten about it while it was/is building this clear high tight flag pattern.
Thanks Josh, I need to hear that. Also, thoughts on a buy stop on TSLA above its all time high?
BNFT proving how strong this market is.
FIVE’s poor showing today, in the face of a huge market meltup on large volume tells me all I need to know about this stock right now. However, if you are still interested in this stock then I would set a buy stop at 48.57. There are just too many amazing stocks out there, to focus on the stocks that are doing poorly on a day where the market rallied. Hence why I am selling AEGR tonight and XOOM is on the chopping block if it closes lower tomorrow. Besides those two stocks all of my positions are in the green or down by negligible $ amounts. Focus on the strong. Ignore the weak. If I had child like emotions in regards to the current tape I would be extremely giddy right now. These setups looks stronger than 2003. They honestly do.
BNFT, huge IPO day. Thoughts on FIVE, JH?
I completely agree with you. Though it is a bit speculative, if I had more capital available to put to work or was underinvested ZHNE would have been a new long on Monday. Still, after living through 2008-2012 I have to admit I have a VERY difficult time buying a stock after it is up 14% in one day. However, I said this about BEAT and recently there was another biotech stock that I passed up on that was up big in one day that kept running. However, ZHNE is not a biotech stock. Aloha BBrophy!
ZHNE could be HUGE (though very speculative), management basically laid out guidance on the last CC that implies ~$1.00 in EPS in 2014, stock trades at $3.50 and someone has clearly been loading up.