Are you begging to get a sneak peek of this summer’s hottest trends? If you’re too busy to take a holiday off or even allow some quality ‘me’ time to couch potato up and watch FTV or the Karmaloop blogs to get first dibs on the latest trends, great news! Save 20% off your next karmaloop order with new Karmaloop promo codes. If you visit http://fresh-rep-codes.com you can find the best Karmaloop coupons. We can’t see why you need to get left behind just ‘cause your preoccupied with work- you too can stay in style while even in the office. The question is- how do you wear spring trends to work? It might be all too much to apply runway trends to your daily work wear; so how do you manage to pull off the trends in an office outfit? For office wear, remember the need to stick to the corporate dress code. Thank goodness, this season offers us wearable trends that you can bring to the office without breaking the rules.
Temperature’s rising and so is this year’s trend forecast sizzling with fads from neon to pastel colours, fabrics of sheer, lace to leather and what you would’ve never thought possible – mixing and matching prints and patterns together – it’s all about extreme pieces to create an entirely chic outfit that works anytime, anywhere. It’s our pleasure to present to you this season’s best-est spring trends while we also show you how to incorporate the trends successfully into your daily office ensemble.
Spring Trends 2013 and How to Wear Them to Work
- Stripes- Whether they’re vertical, horizontal, nautical or chevron – stripes aren’t only suitable for the beach! This trend is everywhere and even acts as a neutral; it’s the easiest to use and apply even in the office, check out this Planet Chevron Stripe Blouse with an ultra-feminine bow-tie neck detail that gives you that smart and chic work wear look. We’d pair this with black or white trousers. Minimize accessories, give this blouse the attention it deserves by letting it be your statement piece.
- Floral Print – This spring, flowers are bolder and more womanly compared to little chic blossoms of last year’s. We just can’t help take our eyes of this pretty Precise Petite Modern Floral Dress that includes a slim belt you can cinch around the waist; with colours of stone, oyster and poppy red, and a this shift dress was meant to flatter your figure- it defines summer chic/smart dressing.
- Ruffles – We’ve seen ruffles in the runway – stiff and structured, they give depth to any basic piece. You can incorporate ruffles in your work wear like how this Matthew Wiilliamson Peplum Structured Skirt in Navy does. See how the drape falls – subtle and elegant looking, this curve hugging, pencil cut skirt is very office appropriate with the right length that falls below the knee. Plus, you can go all the way from nine to wee hours in the morning by pairing it with a crop top. If it’s versatility you’re looking for, look no further… you’ve got a winner!
- Texture (lace or sheer) – The new ‘peek-a-boo’ trend works by using pieces that show only a portion of your body without baring skin, this elegant gothic-inspired Jigsaw French Lace Jacket finished with a sheer effect gives you that ‘hide and seek’ illusion. It’s definitely a must-have spring item- you can use it at work and after work, the perfect day-to-night piece.
- Jewel Tones – Emerald green, sapphire blue, ruby red and amethyst purple are some of our personal favourites. We are lusting over this multicoloured statement bib necklace by Matthew Williamson. It is a true piece of art – vibrant, fresh and one-of-a-kind, this necklace will make eyes pop, jaws drop and heads turn. To make this too-majestic-of-an-accessory office appropriate, tone it down with a basic white or black top. Trust us, people will be asking where you bought this heavenly masterpiece. Still not so keen on it? Take a cue from mega style icon, Olivia Palermo – she knows how to work those bibs into daily/office appropriate work wear seamlessly.
- Pastel Hues – Shoes are an important part of any woman’s wardrobe, no exception! Complete your look with this trendy and chic nectarine-colored Alejandro Ingelmo Flavia d’Orsay Pumps made with suede fabric that’s designed to soften the over all structure with sleek leather accents and slender stiletto heels, this pair is drool-worthy.
- Print-on-Print or the ‘mismatched’ look – Definition: the combination of two like-minded or completely different sets together to create an over all look that’s tastefully done. This trend is considered to be very fashion forward, not everyone dares to bold the streets with this trend even more the office. It may take a few tricks (yes, there are rules to consider when doing print-on-print trend) and a few getting used to but once you’ve mastered the art of doing the mismatched look, the options are limitless. See how these two separate pieces, J. Crew Racer Tank and MaxMara Olea Trousers – when combined creates an entirely fresh and modern ensemble.
- Monochrome – Black and white, need we say more? It’s elegant and timeless, always works out well and never fades or fails to impress us. The contrast of two opposite colors creates a crisp, cool and appealing approach. You can easily incorporate this trend at work; see how this Tibi Anson Tuxedo Pants works the trend flawlessly.
- Leather – If it is street styling that we’re speaking of, hot leather trends would be structured shorts or skorts (skirt and short combined), a cropped bomber jacket or motorcycle vest but since we are talking about work wear, the best fashion item that could use leather material is the one and only day bag/carry-all. Every girl needs a bag that’s roomy enough to store all your essentials, maybe a small laptop or iPad, your cell phone, wallet and keys. Think of it as your mobile/portable home/office desk- it is just fair to invest in a sturdy and stylish one like this Givenchy Leather Antigona Duffle in Grey. Don’t worry, it’s okay to spoil yourself once in awhile – this bag is totally reward-worthy for all your long office hours and extra hard work- you deserve a luxury bag!
With all these trend options, you now have the power to create multiple looks that are effortlessly chic and stylish, also providing you with wardrobe that’s wearable from day-to-night. Inject optimism and life to your daily ensemble, take a break from your work wear that was once restricted to blacks, whites or neutral tones like khaki, beige and cream. It’s time to experiment with new-age trends and make a sound fashion statement in the office. Everyone needs a daily dose of inspiration and motivation, don’t you think? What is your favourite trend in this list and how would you wear it?
An open letter to a skinny 26-year-old -The Stir Courtney Stodden: True Feminist The Frisky Spice up your sex life. -Your Tango Tips for a Vegetarian Thanksgiving -Well + Good NYC The Invisible Bike Helmet is the most incredible thing ever. -Greatist The green eyed monster can suck it. -Intent … More
It’s FITNESS FRIDAY everybody! Every week, I sit on my butt and tirelessly search for the best YouTube workouts for people who want to exercise without leaving their houses or spending any money. Enjoy my finely curated lists, my poor … More
Does anyone really get a "birds and the bees" talk from their parents? I'm pretty sure I didn't. More
Emma Thompson Made An Illustrated Sex Handbook For Her Teenage Daughter And We’re Dying To Read It is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
Hey parents – is your nanny’s palate too unsophisticated for your toddler? Are you worried little Brixton is going to grow up not knowing the difference between quince paste and jelly? Do you like setting money on fire? If so, there is a new service you can hire to make sure you’re raising the foodie your child deserves to be. More
Now There’s A Service That Ensures Your Nanny’s Cooking Is Sophisticated Enough For Your Foodie Kid is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
The classics are getting fusty. More
Brought to you by our friends at Gurl. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people call other people crazy. It makes me really mad when guys call their exes crazy or when girls call other girls crazy. You don’t hear girls call their ex-boyfriends crazy, which means that crazy has come to describe a female who did something unfavorable according to whoever is using the word. More
Tips for a Vegetarian Thanksgiving -Well + Good NYC The Invisible Bike Helmet is the most incredible thing ever. -Greatist The green eyed monster can suck it. -Intent Blog Essential types of brassieres. -Divine Caroline Chefs’ dirty little secrets. -Eater Why you should learn to love … More
The bush is back! There’s good news for all pube lovers: hairlessness is no longer a social requirement. If the prepubescent look just isn’t your style, you’re in good company. More
Finally, More Women Are Doing Whatever They Want With Their Pubic Hair is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
One man embarked on a 24-hour crash diet for the history books. More
How To Lose 24 Pounds In 24 Hours (Don’t Try This At Home) is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
Drinking is really fun. Personally, I’m of the opinion that most— if not all—situations can be improved with a drink, except, like a job interview or open heart surgery or Olympic competition in archery. And now, there’s a wonderful amazing terrific unbelievable new product that will let you take a drink with you literally everywhere you go. Because it’s a bra. The Wine Rack (YUP! That’s the name!) is going to change my life and the lives of bored boozy moms everywhere. More
Essential types of brassieres. -Divine Caroline Chefs’ dirty little secrets. -Eater Why you should learn to love wheel pose in yoga. -Alignyo Why you’re so freaking hungry. -HuffPost Healthy Living The truth about “feminist porn.“ -HuffPost Women Breakfast polenta sounds divine. -Pop Sugar Fitness What your favorite beverage says about you. -The Stir … More
Apparently, 40 million Americans are stuck in a rut. A sex rut aka a “sex slump.” They’re either not having sex or having bad sex. There are way more than 40 million reasons to be in a sex slump, but … More
Brought to you by our friends at Gurl. If everything in movies were true, then women would have orgasms quickly and easily, all while sporting perfect bedhead hair and just a smidge of lipgloss. Unfortunately, life is isn’t like the movies and, even more unfortunately, orgasms aren’t always all that all simple for women. More
How do they get their butts to look like that? More
Whether or not to wear makeup at the gym can turn into a contentious discussion. More
Why You Should Not Wear Makeup At The Gym (Or Use The Gross Towels) is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
Kids today amirite? Not only are they twerking internet deviants who can't stop taking naughty selfies, but they are schtupping without condoms. More
Plum Organics is voluntarily recalling some of their pouch products. If you are anything like me and have an infant who loves these – your cupboards are probably full of them. More
Nobody Makes Their Own Baby Food Anymore So You Probably Want To Know About This Recall is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..
Why you’re so freaking hungry. -HuffPost Healthy Living The truth about “feminist porn.“ -HuffPost Women Breakfast polenta sounds divine. -Pop Sugar Fitness What your favorite beverage says about you. -The Stir A sex-toy advent calendar of sorts.- The Frisky Super foods that will make you super sexy. -Your Tango The … More
It's cool, they're supposed to be scary and look painful. More
10 Pieces Of BDSM Gear Ranked By How Scary It Would Be To Be Trapped Inside (NSFW) is a post from Blisstree - Get tips on healthy living, work outs, wellness & health food recipes. Advice & news on mental health & healthcare..