Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:09:47 +0200
- Just Running for Fun
It's Been A Long Time - The Run Down
- Wow, I haven't posted in a long time. I have been doing lots of fun things, but when I think about writing, I just go blank. So here is my attempt to get back in blogland. Bullet style.
- A few of weeks ago I needed to get my ankle drained. Fun times! Due to this, I had to take a week off. The cause of this, my own stupidity.
- I have been averaging 33-35 miles running a week. I have been keeping up with running long (10 miles twice during the week and one longer run on the weekend). I am enjoying the 10, we'll see how I feel about this once the real heat and humidity sets in.
- Loving riding!! A neighbor and I have started riding together for long rides on the weekends. It has been lots of fun exploring new routes and distances. Our goal is to build up mileage through September so we can meet our families at the beach for lunch on day. We figure it will be about a 120 mile ride. Very excited about this!!
- Swimming is going well. I have to switch to an outdoor pool, which should be interesting. One of my friends was a college swimmer and gave me some key points to work on. Hopefully, with some practice, I'll be moving a bit faster in the water.
- I'm headed up to RI for vacation soon. While I am sad I won't have my bike, I am very much looking forward to getting some nice long runs in around my hometown.
- I also signed up for the Beach 2 Battleship half iron triathlon. I am really excited about this. I can't wait to really get in to the training. I'll definitely have a solid base going in and the timing works out nicely with the goal of the beach ride marking the beginning of the "real" tri training:)
- As the summer arrives and the sun is in full force don't forget to wear your sunscreen/sunblock. I am looking forward to testing out SCAPE. I'll let you know what I think about it. Stay safe in the sun!