Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:00:05 +0200
- Happy Penguin!
- 2010 was quite an interesting year. It's true that I can't remember where most of it went, but I did do a lot of things - travelled far and wide, switched jobs, improved my baking and cooking, read like a maniac. But in the midst of all this, I also figured out a whole load of things. What are these little drops of wisdom, you ask?
Here they are -
* I'm a lucky, lucky child (knock on wood!). And I should never ever forget that, even when I'm deep in the doldrums.
* I'm a lot more like my mother than I ever thought I'd be and strangely enough, I don't hate the thought like I imagined I would. In fact, I think I actually love the fact that I can see her in myself. (Random sidenote - I read in a book somewhere that as you grow up, you turn into one parent, and you end up marrying the other. That couldn't be truer than in my case!)
* Nothing says "I love you" more than someone leaving the last crispy bits of the aloo for you just because you like that so much.
* Sometimes when you think you've lost something and you'll never find it again, it comes back unexpectedly, surprising you. You can only hope and pray that you don't lose it again this time.
* It's not possible to please everyone. And if someone holds that against you, it's their loss, not yours.
* Things eventually always turn out all right. It's just a matter of waiting it out and keeping your chin up.
* Watching TV is like eating cake - if you have too much of it, you'll end up sick. But in moderation, it's glorious!
* It's okay to lust after Farhan Akhtar even if he's married. It's the only way one can keep sane in this unfair world :-P
I hope I can remember these lessons, and learn newer ones as I go through this year. 2011 promises to be super exciting in more than 1 way, and I'm glad it's turned out this way :-)