Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:54:43 +0200
- TX tyler/east texas - petroleum engineer
Oil & Gas Project Engineer (Carthage)
- We are seeking a project engineer with experience in the oil & gas industry for the following full-time position with our oil & gas client in the Carthage area. This company offers a competitive salary/bonus and benefits package. Client offers relocation package for out of state/area candidates.
- Location: Carthage
- Compensation: Salary(DOE_+Bonus+Great Benefits
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Design, development, and implementation of processes and operations for plants and systems, also planning and design of mechanical and electrical equipment and oversight of the installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment. Serves as technical resource/ expert for troubleshooting and problem solving.
Serves as technical resource for troubleshooting operations issues and problem solving, working with all levels of personnel: operator, mechanic, supervisor, manager, etc..
Generates ideas for projects to optimize the gas gathering and gas processing operations in an asset.
Evaluates feasibility of ideas, projects, etc.
Performs economic evaluation and cost estimating
Conducts plant and field optimization and feasibility studies as well as expansion studies.
Responsible for design specifications including performing rotating equipment sizing analyses for turbines, other compression and pumps as well as calculating fluid flow.
Coordinates implementation of projects and ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints with strong focus on safety and environmental considerations.
Prepares appropriate documentation (such as AFE's) for assigned projects.
May be involved in facilitating review of Process Hazard Analyses, also may be member of Process Safety Management team at plant facilities.
Uses technical software( e.g. Hysim or Hysys and T- Sweet) to simulate processes; may use Autocad or other programs to develop piping designs and process flow diagrams and P& ID's ( or directs others in performing this work and/or verifies accuracy of other's work).
Interfaces with commercial personnel providing input/ ideas on projects related to gas acquisition opportunities, alternatives for process flow, etc.
May fill in for asset manager (or other manager/ director) and in his/her absence, provides guidance and direction for operations/ other personnel.
Candidates with Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum engineering degrees preferred. Please email resume in a word doc.