Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 01:25:16 +0200
- TWiT.TV blogs
Now Hiring: Web/Digital Engineer
- Working with TWiT's Engineering Team to manage and upgrade TWiT's app-driven workflow tool for the video editors to deploy the latest shows to a variety of video services (i.e. YouTube, etc.).
- Working with TWiT's Drupal developers to maintain and enhance the twit.tv and techguylabs.com websites.
- Ensuring deployment of ad banner campaigns on twit.tv and techguylabs.com.
- Maintaining TWiT's video and audio streams across our streaming partners, as well as maintaining the partnerships that make those streams possible.
- Collecting analytics data for the twit.tv and techguylabs.com websites and reporting them to the Engineering Manager.
- Identifying and pursuing new technologies and features to add to the twit.tv and techguylabs.com websites.
- Provide support for viewers/listeners who have issues watching or listening to shows.
- Provide help and troubleshooting support by testing TwiT content that is consumed by a variety of consumer devices (PCs, Macs,etc).
- Troubleshoot any issues with video/audio feeds for the shows.
- Address any network connectivity issues for laptops, tablets, etc. that will be used in the show.
- Assist engineers with setup and teardown for live shows in the studio.
- PHP and Python
- Experience with CMS systems (particularly Drupal)
- Enterprise-level Networks
- NewTek TriCaster
- Blackmagic video hardware
- Axia audio systems
- Other pro audio/video equipment
- Final Cut Pro 7 and Compressor
- Google Analytics
TWiT is looking for an in-house, full-time Web/Digital Engineer.
The Web/Digital Engineer is a multifaceted position where the primary role will include web development, which includes systems that make up TWiT's web presence, episode database, content delivery. This position also involves providing assistance for the company network and audio/video connectivity for the studio.
This person will be responsible for:
Web (Primary Role)
Digital (Secondary Role)
The ideal candidate has experience in programming/coding with a strong passion for technology. Knowledge of media production is a bonus.
Some of the things we use at TWiT that you should be or plan to become familiar with are:
Proficiency in all current operating systems and the ability to pick up new technology quickly is strongly encouraged.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.