Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 06:19:10 +0200
- Star Search Casting Online Community
Spirulina Powder - Organic (5 lbs)
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and
ponds. It has been consumed for thousands of years by Mexican (Aztecs, Mayans),
African, and Asian peoples. Spirulina is considered a complete protein because
well over half of it consists of amino acids -- the building blocks of protein.
It is also a rich source of other nutrients including B complex vitamins,
beta-carotene, vitamin E, carotenoids, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium,
and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid). Imagine a vegetable with
more protein than soy, more Vitamin A than carrots, more iron than beef,
profound source of protective phytochemicals, naturally low in fat, source of
the essential fatty acid GLA and is easy to digest.
* Spirulina contains more nutrition gram per gram than any other product in the world!
* 3 grams of our organic Spirulina have the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
* Spirulina has 300% more calcium than whole milk (good for bones, osteoporosis, growth of children)
* Spirulina has 3900% more Beta Carotene than carrots (good for eyes, strong antioxidant, immunity)
* Spirulina has 375% more protein than tofu (building block for muscle tissue, necessary in diet)
* Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing potential health benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina promotes health in many ways. It powerfully protects from oxidative stress and strongly supports the immune system and a healthy inflammatory response. Scientific studies suggest it may be especially good for the brain, heart, immune system and more. Spirulina has been used since ancient times as a source of nutrients and has been said to possess a variety of medical uses, including antioxidant, antiviral, antineoplastic, weight loss aid, and lipid-lowering agent.
Spirulina likes to grow in hot and alkaline environments which helps ensure
its hygienic status, as no other organisms can survive to pollute the waters in
which this algae thrives. Spirulina is in fact one of the cleanest, most
naturally sterile foods found in nature. Its adaptation to heat also assures
that Spirulina retains its nutritional value when subjected to higher
temperatures during processing and shelf storage, unlike many plant foods that
rapidly deteriorate at high temperatures. Spirulina is also unusual among algae
because it is a "nuclear plant" meaning it is on the developmental cusp between
plants and animals. It is considered somewhat above plants because it does not
have the hard cellulose membranes characteristic of plant cells, nor does it
have a well-defined nucleus. This allows it to be highly digestible in
comparison with other algae such as chlorella.
Suggested Use: 1 tablespoon.
View the full article