Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 14:19:18 +0200
- The Call
- A strange thing happened two days ago: I sent an e-mail to an alias that I usually use with some friends to talk each other, a sort of mailing list, and unexpectedly the mail server answered some minutes later with a "failure notice":
"I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)"
Very strange. A short control of mail server configuration didn't reveal any anomaly, the e-mail alias seemed to be correct. I was going to send the message again, knowing sometimes the web simply doesn't work, when my attention was attracted to the dates of the last messages blocked by the antispam of firstname.lastname@example.org. Uncannily the spam completely disappeared from the end of July...Very very strange.
At this point I called the technical assistance and I found that at the the end of July, a new mail server was installed and configured, but no aliases and no e-mail addresses were recreated on it. The result was that for about six months any mail recieved from a @ninibelabs.org address (mainly email@example.com) was stored on the new mail server, but still read on the old one. Coming back to Cthulhu Fhtagn!, found out the unwilling deceit, I found many messages that I wasn't able to answer. I beg your pardon. I will answer personally to all messages I was able to recover, but if you have written to firstname.lastname@example.org in the last 6-8 months, it's better that you rewrite to me and if you do not receive any answer you can contact my personal e-mail: simonere [at] bls [dot] it